Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's Sweet and good for you!!!

If you know me at all, you know I have the ultimate sweet tooth.  Since, I can't eat pints of ice cream every day, I am always on the search for foods and beverages that will keep my cravings at bay.  This concept has also helped me lose 10 pounds!  Inspired by my good friend Joanne, who is also on her weight loss journey and listens to my endless ramblings of nutrition and fitness advice, I decided to turn to TEA!  That's right, tea.  Good ole' herbal tea.  Not the bitter green variety or the flowery Earl Gray types, but the naturally sweet fruity flavors.  They are caffeine free, zero calories and did I mention naturally sweet!  At night, just when that sweet craving hits, I have been making 1-3 cups of these teas.  My favorites are Celestial Seasonings Wild Berry Zinger, Country Peach Passion and Black Cherry Berry.  Don't they sound delicious?  I also really like the Tazo Vanilla Rooibos.  Don't get the wrong idea, it's not cherry pie by a long stretch, but it takes my mind off of the sweet cravings and the 8-24 ounces of water fill me up.  Give it a try and let me know what you think!
xoxo,
gail

3 comments:

  1. I just bought this last week and it is wonderful! I have a cup in the evenings when my cravings start to kick-in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've returned to drinking Peppermint tea in the mornings to try to help get my water intake for the day in. Lady Grey is good too - not quite as uh - herbally? as Earl Grey. Trying to remember to use honey instead of sugar as my sweetener though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Becky- even though honey is less refined than sugar, it has the exact same "sugar" content per serving. Best to skip it all together and drink your tea clear! That way it serves the same purpose as water with just a little flavor. This is especially important to do if you are trying to lose weight! Thanks for you comments. Keep them coming!
    xoxo,
    gail

    ReplyDelete