Sunday, February 20, 2011

Healthy Chocolate Mousse!

Here is an idea for a healthy, delicious treat that I came about through my love for chocolate, ice cream and Lori Harder.  Lori Makes these incredible mini-chocolate cheesecakes, and her recipe gave me the idea for this healthy chocolate mousse.  I usually eat this as my 6th meal.  The main ingredient in this recipe is plain Greek yogurt which naturally contains casein protein.  It is great to eat this prior to bed time because casein (found in milk products) digests slowly while you sleep, lessening the muscle-protein breakdown.  In other words, it helps support all of that hard work you put in at the gym while you are sleeping!  It also contains calcium, probiotics and very little carbs.  



GS.fit Healthy Chocolate Mousse:
  • 4-6oz Fage 0% Greek Yogurt
  • 1TB unsweetened Cocoa Powder
  • 1-2 packets Stevia (natural vanilla flavor if you can find it)
  • 6 raw Almonds chopped
Mix all ingredients and enjoy!
Try it and let me know what you think.
xoxo,
gail

No comments:

Post a Comment